School Prefect Board
The role of a School Prefect is not limited to one thing and will include:
Assisting teaching staff in their lessons, supervising the canteen corridor and queues, organizing activities and maintaining order in the School. Prefects are mainly chosen on the basis of their leadership skills.
The roles and responsibilities of the prefects include:
- Act as a bridge between principals, teachers and students.
- Help teachers to maintain a quality class and better school atmosphere.
- Look after the overall activities of the school.
- Keep vigilance on other students when they are in and out of the school.
- Check the dress code of the students.
- Act as a role model to their peers.
- Counsel and guide the peers in positive discipline.
- Collect feedbacks and suggestions on school development plans from the peers and report during meetings.
- To assist the School Captain to discharge the assigned duties to the Captain.
- In the absence of the School Captain, discharge his duties as the acting Captain.
Head Boy & Head Girl
In addition to the duties of a Prefect,Head Boy & Head Girl are also responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain collaboration among Prefects.
- Coordinate Prefects activity.
- Provide link between Prefects Body and the School Administration.
- Represent the Student Body.
- Observe the school rules at all times.
- Be dressed appropriately at all times.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Be punctual for your duties.
- Maintain a perfect behavioural record.
- Be positive and enthusiastic.
- Be able to encourage and motivate fellow students.
- Be cooperative, helpful, well-mannered, trustworthy, and responsible.
- Be respectful toward teachers, your peers, and the school environment.
- Display leadership qualities: confidence, initiative, problem solving skills.
- Be willing to take on extra responsibility.
- Be able to work independently and complete tasks without supervision.
- Maintain a good academic record (B average minimum).
- Be a good ambassador for the school.
DISCIPLINE OF PREFECTS
- Prefects should act as the role model for all the students in the School.
- Prefects must adhere to School Rules and Regulations at all times.
- The main duty of prefects is to maintain an atmosphere of friendly cooperation, peace, discipline and unity in the School.
- Prefects should serve as counsellors to junior students.
- Prefects must liaise and collaborate with each other, as a team, to ensure efficiency and smooth running of their own area of responsibility and of the school as a whole.
- Prefects academic and behavioural standards must be maintained.
- Prefects will always work in the interest of the school.
DEMOTION OR DISMISSAL FROM THE PREFECTS BOARD
A prefect will be demoted in the following cases:
- If the student is charged with any disciplinary issue, the matter will be sent to the Disciplinary Committee to analyse the matter.
- Depending on the action proposed by the Disciplinary Committee, the School’s Senior Management will decide to demote or dismiss the student from the Prefects Board.
As per the result of the Student council Elections held on 29th June 2019, the following members were elected to the School prefect Board.